Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My God Is Greater

Last night I had the fantastic opportunity to do something that I've felt lead to do for about three years. I got up in front of a group of students, shared my testimony, and lead worship. If any of you know my story, you know how difficult it was for me to do this. I've been to a lot of dark places, but God has always sought after me and reminded me that I am worth something, and that I am remembered and never forgotten. This was the message I had a chance to share with 57 kids last night: you are worth more than the things you can do for others, you are worth more than the things you can't do for others, you are someone, you are God's unique creation, it's not about what you accomplish but rather your existence, you are worth something. God was totally in the room last night and it was proven when I lead the students and staff in two songs: "Dirty and Left Out" by The Almost, and "How He Loves" by John Mark McMillan. These songs are two very powerful ones, and as I began to sang, the kids began to sing. In the middle of "How He Loves" I stopped playing and told the kids that when I hit the chorus the second time I wanted them to belt it out to God. I wanted them to sing as loud as possible to a God who doesn't care about pitch or tone, but who cares about what comes from the heart as opposed to the head. When I hit the chorus, I was not prepared for what I was about to hear. 57 kids were shouting at the top of their lungs and the whole room was filled with music. I instantly began to cry. God was moving in the spirits of these students. After I finished my set of everything, I had about 12 kids walk up to me and explain how much my words and songs meant to them. I had the chance to pray with a few of them, but talk with a lot and remind them that they are worth something. That they are beautiful people that God is going to use to lead a generation to Christ. God was in a garage in South Sacramento, Ca on a Tuesday night at 8 pm. God is moving this world, this generation of kids who hold beliefs so strong that they will never back down. My God will never back down. My God is greater than this world and a movement is about to blow the lid off of everything we have ever imagined.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go danny! I heard great things! you have a true gift that is sure to please God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much danny! You rocked up there! I felt some spiritual moments there! It means alot to me as I never could go up in front of everyone like that. Leah H

    ReplyDelete